[Freeswitch-dev] Additional Audio Functionality

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:06:04 EDT 2008

you would not patch the core, you would make a new module with a new
application interface with a specific dictation application.
Some of that which you seek is smoke and mirrors where you actually open and
close the file as well as seek and count samples to make it appear
seamless.  I wrote app_dictate for asterisk and i would recommend a similar
approach.  you have the low level file io abstraction tools you need in the
FreeSWITCH IVR library.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Robert Clayton <rjcajax at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I was attempting to use FS for dictation but need more audio functionality.
> I was wondering if you had any suggestion on where to patch the FS core
> for:
>
> 1) Pause during recording. (Pause a recording, listen to audio
> (prompts), then return to continue appending to the paused recorded
> stream.)
> 2) Seeking and repositioning the recording point on the stream
> currently being recorded. (Ex. Recording could be rewound, listened
> to, paused and continued from the pause point.)
> 3) On #2 appending is necessary where insertion would be a useful option.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

pstn:213-799-1400