[Freeswitch-dev] Adding Extensions, Gateways and Many More

Zahid Maqbool zahid.maqbool at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 04:48:26 EDT 2008

Hello Everyone,

I have setup freeswitch with two soft phone and it all works great(Thanks to
all the guys here for poining me to the right direction). Now I have some
questions, I saw in one of the freeswitch web UI called wikipbx, where they
are adding extensions and gateways through the user interface. I only could
understand the screenshots, but couldnt understand the code as it was in
python I guess.

Now what I want to know is that, how can we add extensions through the
console or xml-rpc etc?  Specifically is there any such command for this,
because I had an understanding that sip clients themselves register and get
an extension. If no, how do they do it, any ideas how can I achieve that??

And finally how do we add gateways such as sipura, do they configiure
themselves automatically or is there any way to do so?

Finally, if I want free switch to tell my application about every request it
gets such as register request etc, is this possible?

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!!!

--
Kind Regards,

Zahid Maqbool