[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSwitch Builds

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:06:25 EDT 2008

It does build in the end right? If you can't get it to build ever we surely
want to get it fixed ASAP.
I am calling it a minor issue because I thought if you do the build command
again after it fails that the rest of the code will eventually build.

I'm not mocking your box, I seriously do not have any box that can reproduce
your problem.  I do most of my windows test builds on a virtual PC.  There
are a ton of other guys who help a lot on windows build.  Carlos, one of our
community members said he has seen the problem a few times so we will be
asking him for help testing that.

Please do not get the wrong idea, we wouldn't have an open source project if
we did not intend to help people.

I know the other guy makes fun of our IRC channel but we certainly get a lot
done there with people doing non-stop wiki efforts and discussion and
countless hours of beta testing.  It's an excellent place to get acquainted
with the project.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Robert Clayton <rjcajax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mr. Minessale,
>
> If my multiprocessor problem is a "minor issue" then I see no need to pull
> anyone off more pressing tasks. I will find a single processor system to
> build on.
> And yes I am impressed that it builds on Windows. As far as sarcasm I
> think, as I stated, I can safely assume, due to your creation, that you are
> a better programmer than myself. Even though I would aspire to similar
> mastery, I continue to hold character more important than knowledge. Should
> I ever get a solid hold on FreeSwitch, God willing, I would be willing to
> attempt to assist you in lowering your incredible 16 hour workload. As far
> as my "nice box" due to medical reasons I have been unemployed for five
> years and other than my family it is one of the few nice things I have.
>
> Bob
>

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Anthony Minessale <
> anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Did you take his advice and post the log of the build errors to Jira?
>>
>> *Hint*
>> Mr Minessale gets extra angry when people still put sarcasm in their
>> apology or explanation of how they were not being rude.
>>
>> However you want to look at it, you are complaining about a minor issue
>> with free software that I spend
>> up to 16 hours a day writing for you.  Is a more polite choice of wording
>> that much to ask?
>> Aren't you impressed it even builds on windows at all?  We don't have a
>> box as nice as you that runs windows to expose the problem you mention so we
>> can only rely on your input.
>>
>> 4 people now have explained in detail the steps you can take.
>> Take it or leave it but, please, stop with the sarcasm.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Robert Clayton <rjcajax at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Michael.
>>> Judging from Mr. Minessale's remark I appeared insulting or at the least
>>> too
>>> demanding. No insult was intended. I was happy running two sequential

pstn:213-799-1400