[Freeswitch-dev] Creating Modules

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Wed Oct 8 19:55:16 EDT 2008

Hi Bob,

        This doesn't answer your question directly, but I highly advise checking out mod_managed. This allows very easy creation of advanced API functions and apps using many different languages. On Windows, you also get debugger functionality. And when you need it, mod_managed allows full access to the C API so you're never limited.

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_managed

        More directly to your question, your best bet is to check the other modules while simultaneously asking questions in IRC. I was able to create mod_mono without knowing too much of the FS code just by studying mod_lua and friends along with a nice dose of help from the FreeSWITCH collective mind.

Thanks,
Michael