[Freeswitch-dev] Channel variables from openzap

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 13:18:08 EDT 2008

The difference openzp is itself also an abstraction layer so you need to
pass it down.

I *will not* violate scope like that.....

so the only thing I am ok with is adding channel variables to the openzap
channels.
Then you can either set them all from the vars_event in the mod_openzap
outgoing_channel routine
or with a callback via the core set_variable mechanism.

Then your signaling mod could get the variables by name when it was needed.

you will learn to understand that due to the years of torture from asterisk
and it's knotted up api that is somehow called an abstraction layer, I will
not bend on scope issues. Things like this are exactly what went wrong
there.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Simon Capper <scapper at ooma.com> wrote:

> The variables would be set before the call by another app, its analogous to
> setting a sip_x variable and having it appear in the sip signaling, don't
> need a callback.
>
> The parameters are (so far):
> Ring type: (cadences index to ring the phone with)
> Phones to ring list: (proprietary for my ozmod module, don't think it
> should
> be in the library)
>
> Maybe have a variable  "opanzap_<variable_name>" that mod_openzap looks for
> and adds to the zchan structure by passing a custom variable array to
> zap_channel_open() then the ozmod can read it.
>
> Simon
>

> On 10/2/08 6:11 AM, "Anthony Minessale" <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > That would pretty much violate the whole scope of the library.  It's not
> > supposed to even know there is a such thing as FreeSWITCH to get
> variables
> > from.  There could just as easily be a chan_openzap for asterisk (*WINK*
> > *WINK* anyone? buelleur?)
> >
> > What exactly do you need them for?
> >
> > The most elegant way would be for the FS core to allow endpoints
> > (mod_openzap) to register a callback to be called
> > when a variable is set on that channel, then add the concept of channel
> > variables to openzap zchans
> >
> > so then when FS had a channel variable set it mod_openzap would in turn
> set
> > it on openzap zchan and the blind abstraction would be preserved.
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Simon Capper <scapper at ooma.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I want to access channel variables from an ozmod module in openzap.
> >> I can't see a way to do it in the current code.
> >>
> >> I'd like to add the feature and provide a patch for openzap when I'm
> done.
> >> I'm thinking of adding a void pointer that could be passed down via
> >> zap_channel_open that could be then be used from the ozmod modules?
> >> Mod_openzap would set the pointer to a function that would give access
> >> channel variables. Thoughts?
> >>
> >> Simon

pstn:213-799-1400