[Freeswitch-dev] Bug in SIP URI: ; received="XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX" is not valid (SIP BNF)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Nov 19 14:19:26 PST 2008

El Miércoles, 19 de Noviembre de 2008, Michael Collins escribió:
> The FS devs have chosen a wise course: make
> their SIP implementation use the good stuff in SIP while trying to
> minimize the stupid things that SIP allows and/or requires.

I think it's a good aproach. RFC 3261 is full of stupid ideas and "features".
My favourites are:
- Section 18.2.2 (Sending Responses).
- Section 23 (S/MIME)

There is no SIP stack implementing them, nobody understand them and there is
no interest in implementing them in a future, but anyway, in any new exotic
draft about SIP you could read something as "privacy could be handled with
S/MIME...".

In the other side, SIP protocol is cool and extensible :)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo