[Freeswitch-dev] Sofia-SIP for SIP trunking

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:01:31 EDT 2008

More or less, sofia is the only one that both fit my ideal model of a SIP UA
*and* can handle the call volume in sip traffic that matches the boxes
capabilty every other stack we tried would buckle under the stress and
deadlock, crash, run up the CPU or run out of memory.

I don't know of any such comparison page, sorry.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Jim Thomas <jimthomasembedded at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Anthony,
>
> Could you elaborate a little on what led to your selection of Sofia-SIP for
> SIP trunking in FreeSwitch?
>
> What did you like about Sofia-SIP?  What didn't you like about the
> alternatives?
>
> Do you know of any online comparison of features, strengths and weaknesses,
> for the several SIP stack alternatives?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

pstn:213-799-1400