[Freeswitch-dev] FW: [asterisk-users] Asterisk as an IVR

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Sat Jun 28 15:44:31 EDT 2008

Question...

Is this something that FreeSWITCH can do with the XML CDRs?  Just
curious.  If it's possible to store the time of key DTMF received in the
XML CDR then that would be awesome.  The other thing I was thinking
about was the list of apps that get stored in the XML.  Is it
possible/realistic to have not only the list of applications but also a
timestamp for each one?  That would allow one to calculate the amount of
time spent in things like IVR menus, listening to message playbacks,
etc.

This kind of feature would allow us to snag all sorts of IVR-builders.
Asterisk's handling of this kind of information is pathetic.  FS is
*way* better for gathering this kind of info.

Thanks,
MC