[Freeswitch-dev] OpenZAP status?

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 14:05:50 EDT 2007

OpenZAP should work with the latest sangoma TDM API as well as any zaptel dating back to when there was only tormenata 2.

For those who do not know, Zaptel is actually a decendant of the original public domain tormenta driver made by Jim Dixon in 2000.

http://www.zapatatelephony.org/zap.c
http://www.zapatatelephony.org/zap.h

Our goal here is to pick up where this left off and keep the important functionality in the driver and the rest in user space.  Eventually we hope to make our own platform-agnostic driver interface.

We only use zaptel as a device via the socket opened on the operating system to access the low level features such as open close read write and the rest of the functionality is implemented in our own user space layer.

So, to answer your question, yes that should be fine.  We have a tor2 we tested it with last week at ClueCon as a matter of fact.

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
JABBER:anthony.minessale at gmail.com

sip:888 at conference.freeswitch.org
googletalk:conf+888 at conference.freeswitch.org