[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch now has Python Support - Ruby better

AmberVoIP ambervoip at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 01:15:30 EDT 2006

Incorrect comparing.
Ruby at Asterisk is not in development and i did not see new code. Seems
that is is not live project.
In asterisk Ruby have one advantage - it is FastAGI and cannot be
executed as AGI or DeadAGI - so, we won against perl/php scripts (if
they are not FastAGI). We also won on code, since FastAGI is multithread
and have to do some work to make well working multithread FastAGI code
with perl.

I now studing Ruby, but for my applications on Asterisk i use perl. Two
reasons - for perl/php can find examples and code snipets, also i
working not alone and most programmers understand perl / php code and
dont understand Ruby :)

Anyway, i vote for ruby at freeswitch and hope it will be included soon.

Andy.