[Freeswitch-dev] Production ready?

Amon Ghupta aghupta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 16:19:30 EDT 2006

PHP is a welcome addition, however the end-goal should be that using BSF
"bean shell language" one can use ANY SCRIPTING language one is good at.
Ruby or JavaScript
The JavaScript language itself is standardized by Standard ECMA-262
/ECMAScript: A general purpose, cross-platform programming language/.
Rhino 1.5 implements JavaScript 1.5, which conforms to Edition 3 of the
Standard. The Standard may be downloaded
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-262.htm>
or obtained by mail from ECMA, 114 Rue du Rhône, CH1204 Geneva,
Switzerland.

Rhino 1.6 also implements ECMA-357 /ECMAScript for XML (E4X)/. See the
specification
<http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-357.htm>
for more information on the standard, and Rhino version 1.6R1
<http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/rhino16R1.html#E4X> for details on the
implementation in Rhino.

In addition, Rhino has implemented JavaAdapters, which allows JavaScript
to implement any Java interface or extend any Java class with a
JavaScript object. See the enum.js example for more information.

-E