[Freeswitch-dev] Compiling dependencies inline

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sat Oct 21 18:20:01 EDT 2006

There are several solutions for this.  The first solution for this is
for the libs that we have modified, we should almost definitely
statically link those, so there are no installed remnants of the actual
lib to have naming conflicts.  The Second solution is to potentially use
system libs (all the issues as discussed).  The third solution is for
the other libs that we do not statically link, to build them with a
different name, prefixed with fs_ maybe, so that they do not conflict.

Mike

http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/telephony/SUSE_Factory/x86
_6
> 4/freeswitch-snapshot-20061017-16.1.x86_64.rpm)
>
> The problem is what the FREESWITCH rpm does to the rest of the system
when
> you
> have it available in a repository.
>
> Take for example the error messages I posted. They state that when
someone
> tries to install "grep" on their system (assuming that they dont have
it)
> rpm
> considers freeswitch-snapshot as a possible providor of "pcre".
Likewise