[Freeswitch-dev] Compiling dependencies inline

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Sat Oct 21 15:01:27 EDT 2006

Matt

I am aware that it has been discussed previously. I am aware that some of the
libs have extra patches, and I am happy to build packages for them also that
include the patches. I DO have freeswitch built in rpm form. (See for example
http://software.opensuse.org/download/server:/telephony/SUSE_Factory/x86_64/freeswitch-snapshot-20061017-16.1.x86_64.rpm)

The problem is what the FREESWITCH rpm does to the rest of the system when you
have it available in a repository.

Take for example the error messages I posted. They state that when someone
tries to install "grep" on their system (assuming that they dont have it) rpm
considers freeswitch-snapshot as a possible providor of "pcre". Likewise if
they want to install something that relies on spandsp or sqlite it will try
to install freeswitch to satify the dependency..

Do you see the problem?

-Peter