[Freeswitch-dev] Compiling error - libsndfile.so

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Wed Oct 11 10:11:28 EDT 2006

The core issue here is the autotools detection in libsndfile checks for
the headers, and then for the libraries, but the ifdef in the code only
considers if the header files are available.  It appears that autoconf
was able to find the headers, but not the libraries (the output of
configure would confirm this) and this is why it is failing on his box.
I confirmed that this is also still the case in the 1.0.17 release of
libsndfile, although the site does say that this new version does
contain some bugfixes, so we should probably update to it.

Mike