[Freeswitch-dev] Skype integration in FreeSwitch

Nikolay Kolev me at nikolay.com
Thu Oct 5 11:28:00 EDT 2006

Guys, recently there are two projects integrating Skype with Asterisk & SIP
(http://www.rsdevs.com/ and also http://www.chanskype.com/). They are all
paywarez. I know, I know - doing it their way sucks, but at the point
there's no other way (even though the Chinese claim to have already
reverse-engineered the Skype protocol - http://www.voipwiki.com/blog/?p=31).
There's one IVR product (http://www.callbutler.com/) that also just added
Skype support. VoxLib.com (even if I couldn't make it work) also does it.
The old mate NCH also does it now -
http://www.nch.com.au/skypetosip/index.html.

I think it could be very cool even from pure marketing point of view to
implement something like this in FreeSwitch.

BTW, ChanSkype claims support for 30 channels and probably even more.

Nikolay Kolev

kolev @ #freeswitch