[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Nov 26 22:39:32 MSK 2012

Hello all!

We are all back to a full week after many of us enjoyed some well-deserved
time off last week. However, even though there was a holiday here in the
US, the intrepid FreeSWITCH development team was working hard on your
behalf. As Ken Rice previously mentioned, Anthony spotted a potential issue
in the recently released 1.2.5 version. Therefore, this past Saturday they
made 1.2.5.1 available<http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-1.2.5.1.tar.bz2>for
us. Many thanks to those who work so hard to make sure that FreeSWITCH
is running smoothly for us all.

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_11_21>we spent
some time getting everyone up to speed on how to edit the FreeSWITCH
wiki <http://wiki.freeswitch.org>, specifically focusing on channel
variables <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables> pages.
Updating documentation is one of the least glamorous aspects of maintaining
an open source project. Many thanks to those who've stepped up over the
past weeks and months to help us out. With the end of the year upon us we
are slowing down a bit in our speaking schedule for the weekly community
conference call. We have a few things in the works but nothing yet
scheduled. On this week's
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_11_28>we will be
doing a community scrum. Be sure to bring your questions and
topics for discussion. If you have a tip or trick that you'd like to share
with the group that would be most welcomed. If time permits we will
crowdsource a few selected questions from the mailing list.

Have a great week and we'll talk to you on Wednesday.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team