[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Nov 19 21:13:57 MSK 2012

Happy short week to those of you in North America!

The weekly FreeSWITCH news and notes took a hiatus while I was out on a
medical leave. I am happy to report that I am back to work and recovering
nicely. Many thanks to those who sent their well-wishes and happy thoughts.
We have a great community and I am glad to be a part of it!

On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_11_14>
 we covered some Linux/FreeSWITCH install and configuration tips. A special
thanks to Ken Rice for giving us some practical information on many of the
useful files and utility items that are available in the FreeSWITCH source
tree and how to implement them, including FreeSWITCH init
scripts<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/freeswitch.git/build/freeswitch.init.redhat?hb=true>,
Anthony's .emacs
file<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/freeswitch.git/support-d/.emacs?hb=true>,
and even a monit <http://mmonit.com/monit/> configuration
example<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/browse/freeswitch.git/build/freeswitch.monitrc?hb=true>.
I hope you found these items as useful as I did.

We recently released FreeSWITCH 1.2.4 and Ken Rice tells me that more
updates are in the works. More information will be available on this week's
conference call <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_11_21>.
This week I will be presenting a Wiki how-to: adding a channel
variable page<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_skeleton>.
This will be especially useful because it illustrates a number of
Mediawiki<http://www.mediawiki.org/>
 concepts. Also, we have a lot of missing channel variables so if everyone
picks one or two to add we'll be able to expand the wiki coverage.

Have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team