[FreeSWITCH Community] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Jul 16 21:24:07 MSD 2012

One week closer to ClueCon!

Things have been very busy for the FreeSWITCH team and community. In
addition to gearing up for ClueCon <http://www.cluecon.com?cc12-0716> we've
all been working on our day jobs and mixing in the occasional summer
vacation. We've also had inclement weather play a role in scheduling one of
our weekly conference<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Weekly_Conference_Call?cc12-0716>call
presentations. Dave Kompel, one of our resident Windows gurus, had
been scheduled to discuss a technique for handling the Windows firewall in
a manner similar to how we use
Fail2Ban<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Fail2ban?cc12-0716>in a Linux
environment, however thunderstorms in his area required his full
attention on protecting and keeping his servers up and running. We will
reschedule as soon as possible.

This week we have scheduled Darren Schreiber from
2600hz<http://www.2600hz.com?cc12-0716>.
He will be doing a follow up to his SIP 101
discussion<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_06_20?cc12-0716>from
several weeks ago. We will be diving a bit deeper into the SIP
protocol. In the initial discussion we focused most of our attention on
getting SIP endpoints registered and the setup/teardown process. This week
we will look at some of the other things SIP can do, like presence. We
invite you to join us this Wednesday at 1PM Eastern, 10AM Pacific.

In ClueCon news we are very happy to report that 2600hz is back as a Silver
sponsor! In fact, the aforementioned Darren Schreiber will be giving a
presentation<http://www.cluecon.com/presentation/open-source-revamping-telecom-you-want-learn-our-wins-and-misses?cc12-0716>at
ClueCon, discussing some of the hard-earned lessons that 2600hz has
learned over the past few years. If you are interested in cloud telephony
then definitely be there for Darren's talk. For those who've not registered
yet please keep in mind that the "bits will shift again" this Wednesday and
registrants will receive four entries instead of the current eight. Register
now <http://www.cluecon.com/register?cc12-0716> to maximize your
opportunity to win lots of great prizes.

The ClueCon countdown is already down to 21 days! We are looking forward to
seeing everyone together again in Chicago.

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team