[Freeswitch-users] Originate for a TLS Trunk Connection (Outgoing Calls)

Adrian Worutowicz adrian.worutowicz at esifrance.net
Tue May 17 14:22:56 UTC 2022

Hello,

The tele2.se SIP trunk provider connects to Freeswitch using TLS.
Then he sends OPTIONS, which Freeswitch acknowledges.
The incoming calls work perfectly.

However I have a big problem with the outgoing calls.
I use originate. The trick is to use the existing TLS connection.

In the SIP external profile, I've set :
<param name="reuse-connections" value="true"/>

Still the originate does not work.
Whatever I try, I get NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE. I suspect that Freeswitch tries to create a new connection to the provider, instead using the existing one.

Does anyone know a correct syntax of the originate command, so that Freeswitch reuses the existing TLS connection ?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian.