[Freeswitch-users] Media Question

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 22:19:34 UTC 2021

On Sun, Sep 19, 2021 at 4:36 AM Alexander Perkins <
alexanderhenryperkins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All.  We have a unique requirement (I think)...  We need to stream the
> media to another server for analysis while the call is taking place.  So,
> basically, real-time analysis.  Can somebody point me in the right
> direction?

You could try mod_audio_fork:

https://github.com/drachtio/drachtio-freeswitch-modules/blob/main/modules/mod_audio_fork/README.md
you will need to build a custom freeswitch version with libwebsockets
support (https://github.com/drachtio/drachtio-freeswitch-modules).

But if you are stuck with an existing version of freeswitch, you could use
mod_shout record_session as explained here:
  https://github.com/MayamaTakeshi/shout_to_gsr
However, shoutcast protocol uses mp3 for data transfer so there is a
performance penalty (mod_audio_fork sends the data as Linear16 which is the
format used by the FS internally so there is no transcoding penalty).