[Freeswitch-users] Default configuration?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it
Thu Sep 9 16:16:32 UTC 2021

Hi.

Doing a standard package-managed installation of Freeswitch under Debian using
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Debian+10+Buster I see
that there are 20 internal extensions 1000 - 1019 already defined, and I've
successfully registered a couple of phones to 1000 and 1001.

Am I right in thinking that the default dialplan is supposed to allow calls
between internal extensions, or do I have to configure something else for this
to work?

My setup is:

 - FreeSwitch installed under Debian 10 Buster on my home network
192.168.78.0/24

 - two telephones configured manually to register to the FreeSwitch server,
also on the same network 192.168.78.0/24

Result:

 - both telephones register to FreeSwitch successfully

 - dialling from one extension to the other causes the second extension to
ring, and can be answered, but the SDP contents of the Invite requests from
FreeSwitch to each telephone tell them both to send audio to the *external
address* of my Internet router, not either the internal address of my
FreeSwitch server, or the internal address of the other telephone.

Obviously this doesn't work.

This happens whether or not I start FreeSwitch with the "-nonat" option.

So, I'm thinking there must be something simple that I'm failing to understand
about the default configuration of FreeSwitch, because I thought that calling
from one internal extension to the other was about the simplest test I could
perform.

Can anyone point me at "how to get started" for a simple scenario such as
this?

Thanks,

Antony.

--
Schrödinger's rule of data integrity: the condition of any backup is unknown
until a restore is attempted.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.