[Freeswitch-users] Documentation for hold?

kaiduan xie kaiduanx at yahoo.ca
Fri Nov 5 13:21:28 UTC 2021

 Antony,
What is your Freeswitch version? uuid_hold in FS 1.8.5 does not send out reINVITE with sendonly.
/Kaiduan
    On Friday, November 5, 2021, 05:30:06 a.m. EDT, Martin Paterson <martin at pattersong.co.uk> wrote:

 It turns out from looking at the code that both the command uuid_hold
and the dptools:hold application actually call the same underlying
function (switch_ivr_hold_uuid) to achieve the holding.

Martin.

Martin Paterson, Pattersong Music
Reduced orchestrations of G&S

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 14:12, Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone at freeswitch.open.source.it> wrote:

> On Thursday 04 November 2021 at 14:59:53, kaiduan xie via FreeSWITCH-users
> wrote:
>
> >  Antony,
> > For hold FS does not send reINVITE with SDP containing a=sendonly to
> > upstream PBX. You need to change the source code to do that.
>
> Er, yes it does.  I now have a working solution.
>
> Thanks to all who helped me in the right direction.
>
> > On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 10:11:37 p.m. EDT, Antony Stone wrote:
> >
> >  On Wednesday 03 November 2021 at 15:46:54, Brian West wrote:
> > > You just park it and play music, there is NO HOLD/UNHOLD in the manner
> > > you're needing.
> >
> > No, this is not for placing the call on hold inside FreeSwitch - this is
> > for sending a re-Invite out to an upstream PBX to put the call on hold
> > there (a re-Invite with SDP containing a=sendonly).

> --
> "Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."
>
>  - Jan-Piet Mens
>
>                                                    Please reply to the list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC me.

> Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
>
> Join our online community to chat in real time https://signalwire.community
>
> Professional FreeSWITCH Services
> sales at freeswitch.com
> https://freeswitch.com
>
> Official FreeSWITCH Sites
> https://freeswitch.com/oss
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence
> https://cluecon.com

> https://freeswitch.com

Enhance your FreeSWITCH install with disruptive priced SMS and PSTN services.
Build your next product on our scalable cloud platform.

sales at freeswitch.com
https://freeswitch.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
https://freeswitch.com/oss