[Freeswitch-users] Heartbeat between WebRTC Client and Freeswitch

Qihong Wang qihongw at gmail.com
Tue May 18 18:04:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm new to Freeswitch and real time communication. However, I'm involving a
project which uses Freeswitch gateway for WebRTC communication. The client,
mostly JavaScript code, uses Websocket to send media data and also the
heartbeat regardless the ping/pong of Websocket.  Freeswitch must respond
that heartbeat. I'm not sure where to start. I'm
thinking src/mod/endpoints/mod_rtc/mod_rtc.c or mod_verto.c/mod_verto.c,
ws.c might be the right place to add heartbeat handling?

The second thought is using Freeswitch's event system, especially the
buildin heartbeat event. If so, our client needs to give up it's own
heartbeat, although the possibility is very low. I'd love to hear how to
utilize Freeswitch's heartbeat event between our client and Freeswitch
gateway.

Thanks in advance!
Qihong