[Freeswitch-users] BLF under high load

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Thu Mar 11 12:08:11 UTC 2021

We made some investigations on our Production database. We set mysql
slow log to 0.02 sec and we did not discover any long running qeuries
concerning presence.

The command

    select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.PROCESSLIST  where command <> 'Sleep';

shows, that presence queries run between 0.1 and 1 milliseconds. So I do
not really feel, that the Mysql database is the bottleneck here. MySQL
show about 10-15%CPU on an 8 core machine. Freeswitch runs at about 50%
CPU on a different 8 core machine.

Nevertheless we have severe problems with presence. I have e.g. a Snom
phone and a Yealink phone on my desk with a BLF for a 3rd phone, which
is not in a call at present. BLF on Snom is "on" and BLF on Yealink is
"blinking". Both should be "off". This is very strange to me. How can
this happen? BTW when this system was under no load, before we migrated
our customers, everything worked fine.

So any help is very much appreciated here.

Another question is still:

  * does anybody have an idea how to query all internal presence status
    from Freewitch or maybe how to correct it?
      o e.g. "sofia_presence_data list number at domain" returns e.g.

status|rpid|user_agent|network_ip|network_port
unknown|unknown|N510 IP PRO/42.250.00.000.000|xx.xxx.xxx.xx|21549
unknown|unknown|Yealink SIP-T41S 66.83.0.35 805EC025FDA9|xx.xx.xxx.xxx|20901

      * and "sofia_presence_data status number at domain" always returns

unknownunknown

      * Database table "sip_subscriptions" however is fine

Best regards

Peter