[Freeswitch-users] NOTIFYs seem unreliable under high number of SUBSCRIBEs

Christian Berger christian.berger at foncloud.net
Tue Mar 2 16:33:52 UTC 2021

Hello,

we are currently seeing some strange behavior under load conditions.
Notifications for calls are sent to seemingly random subsets of
subscribed users. This already happens with the default configuration.
To recreate this we have created 10000 SUBSCRIBEs with sipp for 1002.
sipp -sf sip.xml $ip_of_freeswitch -m 10000 -r 100

Meanwhile sngrep is running to record the dialogues, and we have 2
telephones registered to 1001 and 1002. When 1002 calls 1001, NOTIFYs
will be sent out to the subscriptions. However when there are 10000
subscriptions only about 3000-4000 of them will get the NOTIFY. Trying
it again will cause another subset of the SUBSCRIBEs to be answered with
a NOTIFY.

This test was conducted locally on an otherwise idle server, so network
loss can be ruled out rather well.

Has anybody else had a similar experience? I couldn't find any way
sending out NOTIFYs could be limited and the number of NOTIFYs we get
seems to be to random for such a limit.

Thank you very much for your time
    Christian Berger foncloud.net

Christian Berger

foncloud GmbH & Co KG
Hahlweg 2a
36093 Künzell

Tel: /
Fax: +49 661 968990-99

Email: Christian.Berger at foncloud.net
 Web: www.foncloud.net

P.S.: Wussten Sie schon?

Unter https://www.foncloud.net/wissen  finden Sie zahlreiche Informationen und hilfreiche Artikel rund um unsere Produkte und Services.

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Fulda, Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin der foncloud GmbH&Co.KG: Global Brain Network GmbHGeschäftsführer der Global Brain Network GmbH: Peter Krug Sitz der Gesellschaft: Künzell.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.