[Freeswitch-users] Send call to different place on busy vs no answer

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Wed Apr 7 05:41:07 UTC 2021

I'm setting up a pbx. Incoming calls to the main number will ring on 3
"front desk" phones. If all phones are busy, I want to play a message
saying:
"All operators are busy. Please call back in a few minutes or send email."

However, if the call rings for 20 seconds with no answer, it should
transfer to voicemail.

My dialplan has:
<action application="set" data="continue_on_fail=true"/>
<action application="set" data="call_timeout=20"/>
<action application="bridge" data="${group_call(operator@${domain_name})}"/>
<action application="answer"/>
<action application="sleep" data="1000"/>
<action application="???"/>

The last application should be to do one thing (play a message) if the
bridge failed because all phones were busy, and do something else (transfer
to voicemail) if there was no answer after 20 seconds.

Is this something that can be done in the dialplan? If not, do I use a
script?

--
Steve