[Freeswitch-users] RECORD_STEREO and record_sample_rate aren't working with conference

David P davidswalkabout at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:26:13 UTC 2020

We're using FSv10.5 on Debian 10 with verto/Opus (i.e. no codec explicitly
configured), and we're using a conference. We've tried these settings but
they're having no effect on the recorded mp4s:

<action application="set" data="RECORD_STEREO=true"/>
<action application="set" data="record_sample_rate=44100"/>

Instead:
1) The mp4s have the same audio in both channels, contrary to
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/RECORD_STEREO

2) The sampling rate is 8kHz, contrary to
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/record_sample_rate

FWIW:
a) We noticed that mp4s from a year ago when we were using FS 1.8 also have
the same audio on both channels.

b) We also have this, and I don't recall why and can't find a description
in confluence:
<action application="set" data="record_concat_video=true"/>

Is it that these are known not to work with conferences, or is there some
setting we might have overlooked?