[Freeswitch-users] Port Required to communicate with Gateway

Bote Man botelist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:13:20 UTC 2020

For the SIP control channel the conventional port is 5060 for UDP, or 5061 for TLS. But these can be changed in each config file under

${conf_dir}/sip_profiles

If you run more than one SIP profile on a single IP address, each profile must use a different port, of course.

The RTP media ports can be configured in

${conf_dir}/autoload_configs/switch.conf.xml:

<param name="rtp-start-port" value="16384"/>

<param name="rtp-end-port" value="32768"/>

You must restart FreeSWITCH after changing these values.

These articles on the wiki might help you further:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Amazon+EC2

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/NAT+Traversal

Hope this helps.

---