[Freeswitch-users] use-vbr vs adjust-bitrate in opus.conf.xml

Dragos Oancea dragos at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 2 17:58:39 UTC 2020

"use-vbr" will configure the encoder in VBR mode - which is the opposite of
CBR . This happens once during the call, when the encoder is initiated, and
the payload for each packet will have different sizes based on the audio
input.  "adjust-bitrate" enables a feature in FS that will pass certain
information to the opus module during the call and the bitrate of the
encoder will be modified based on packet loss / RTT .

Dragos