[Freeswitch-users] Copy incoming audio from participants for ASR

R G mitachundkrach at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:40:38 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

i have a technical question about freeswitch and would like to know if
my idea is technically possible.

I've got a project at the university and my goal is to improve automatic
speech recognition for bigbluebutton.

In the summer semester a group of students of my university made a
subtitling plugin[1] for bigbluebutton. This plugin adds a participant
into the meeting and grabs his audiostream to send it to the kaldi ASR
Software. When more than one person speaks at a time the detection
decreases.

My idea is to copy the incoming freeswitch audiostreams from every
participant and send them directly as a copy to the ASR (kaldi can
handle multiple audiostreams at once).

In the Confluence-Wiki i searched for something in this direction but
only found things like Dialplan to ring multiple telephones at once.

I hope my idea is formulated understandably.

Kind regards,

Robert

[1] https://github.com/3wille/bbb-kaldi-connector