[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference and Hebrew-language conferencing (pro-bono production server for school system)

Yisroel Meir Blumstein reb.blumstein at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:20:46 UTC 2020

We want to set up a production system handling at least 1000 users per
server, but ideally on the order of 100,000 users on one server. This would
temporarily replace a local, or even regional, school system (pro-bono
work, but they'd pay server costs; this will obviously cost a lot less than
they're going to need to pay the more established company).

Most of these people will need to use a Hebrew conference interface, so we
also need to know if freeswitch/src/mod/say/mod_say_he/mod_say_he.c is
production-ready.

In the worst-case-scenario (which is obviously crazy), where everyone is
talking at once, and these people are in anywhere from 10-30 person
conferences (classes), what are the needed server specs?

In a more realistic scenario, where a maximum of 2 people are talking at
once per conference:

   - 20,000 users speaking, 2 per each of the 10,000 conferences
   - ~6700 users speaking, 2 per each of the ~3300 conferences

Or, 3 people at once:

   - 30,000 users speaking, 3 per each of the 10,000 conferences
   - ~10,000 users speaking, 3 per each of the ~33,333 conferences

What are the variables here? My friend runs Bestfone
<https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/issues/www.bestfone.com>, and
—while he handles tens of thousands of calls a month— he doesn't handle
that many simultaneous calls, so we're trying to figure out exactly what
level of power is needed here.

Please help! We're trying to literally help thousands of school kids (over
124,527, as of last official numbers) if that motivates you.

Thanks!

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>