[Freeswitch-users] Rejecting calls (for a missed call service)

Sam van Herwaarden svanherwaarden at precisionag.org
Fri Apr 10 19:40:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am working on an IVR system that is supposed to work as a missed call
service: users call, it rings for a moment, either they or the system hangs
up, and then the system places a call to them. The goal is to avoid charges
on their end.

I basically have this working but it doesn’t sound natural on the user’s
side. It doesn’t sound like the phone is ringing, there are just two beeps
before it disconnects. I am using the ‘hangup’ command, I’ve tried the
default and using a CALL_REJECTED status. The latter is worse - I get a
voice from the telco saying “the number you are trying to reach is
unavailable” (not at all what I want). This is in India for what it’s worth.

Does anyone have experience setting up such a system and advice on the
commands I should be using?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Sam