[Freeswitch-users] caller ID updation on consultative transfers

Dmitriy Borisov borik.internet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:11:47 UTC 2019

Hi!

This is incorrect task. At the point of view of FreeSWITCH (and a client B
SIP UA too), this is simple new parallel call when you start consultation.
Transfer procedure will be started by FreeSWITCH only when B client`s SIP
UA send an REFER request. Befor this timepoint none (except operator B, not
operator`s B SIP UA) know that calls A to B and B to C have somthing
common. You can see at SIP transaction diagram to understood this:
https://www.tech-invite.com/fo-sip/tinv-fo-sip-service-05.html

If your business logic assumes that operator B always make only
consultations and can`t make a new not connected with incoming call, you
must sent to FreeSWITCH some custom signal and interpret it manually on the
FreeSWITCH side.

As an example: operators SIP UA can have a 'Consultation' button. Your SIP
UA must inser an extended header (something like X-Consultated-Call-Id)
with an CallId of a call, which need to be consulted and will be
transferred, into B to C call  INVITE when operator B press 'Consultation'
button. On the FreeSWITCH side you need to look on variable
sip_h_X-Consultated-Call-Id (or, maybe sip_h_x_consultated_call_id, need to
chek on a live FS, dont remember now, sorry), and make something like
<action application="bridge"
data="[effective_caller_id_number=${uuid_getvar ${
sip_h_X-Consultated-Call-Id}
caller_id_number}]sofia/internal/<operator_c_number>@<operato_c_ip>"/>

But this way for you only when you can make a changes in your operator B`s
SIP UA

--
With best regards
   Dmitry Borisov