[Freeswitch-users] mod_syslog doubts regarding docs and usage

Joel Serrano joel at textplus.com
Wed Oct 23 23:54:46 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm trying to send to syslog any log msg with a level or WARNING+

I'm finding inconsistent information and behavior though...

1- From the docs:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_syslog

*...There is currently no way to insert the level, nor to change the date
format...*

2- From the conf file:
https://github.com/signalwire/freeswitch/blob/master/conf/vanilla/autoload_configs/syslog.conf.xml

*... <param name="loglevel" value="warning"/>...*

But still, even having "warning" as the loglevel, I still get on syslog any
msg (INFO, NOTICE, etc...)

My config looks like:

<configuration name="syslog.conf" description="Syslog Logger">
    <settings>
        <param name="facility" value="user"/>
        <param name="ident" value="freeswitch"/>
        <param name="loglevel" value="warning"/>
        <!-- log uuids in syslogs -->
        <param name="uuid" value="true"/>
    </settings>
</configuration>