[Freeswitch-users] CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE events received not keeping pace with number of calls

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 7 10:35:53 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I have an event listener script (Python) that listens for
“CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE” events. Logs show that the script, which runs
continuously in an infinite loop within supervisor, receives 1000 events
every 15 mins.

At the same time we are making about 15K calls every 15 mins. So this
script is 15x slower than the volume of calls and falls behind and often
gets the “Queue size: [100000/100000] Max queue size reached” error.

My question is: how do I make the events reach the listener faster to keep
up with the outbound call traffic?

Thanks.