[Freeswitch-users] Digital Ocean Floating IP

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Oct 2 17:46:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

Digital ocean has something called a "Floating IP Address" which is a static Address that can be move from one virtual machine to another.  Each virtual machine gets its own address a creation that lasts until it is destroyed.  The Floating IP lets you change the VM it points to vey quickly for disaster recovery or even upgrades.

I found this: https://gist.github.com/sanderkwantes/3ab81f2d3d6ee182fa237bbc3f5c1489 explaining how to use a D.O. Floating IP, and it works. It says add this to vars.xml
<X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="exec-set" data="local_ip_v4=ip addr show eth0 | awk 'FNR == 5 {print $2}' | cut -d '/' -f 1"/>

BUT, when I do that, the old (still valid) IP Address can no longer be used to register. Tis makes a transition through my DNS from one to other very difficult.

Is there a way to allow 2 valid IP address in a single instance of FS?

Thanks,
Sean