[Freeswitch-users] Creating RESTful API xml for dialing outbound numbers into a conference

Spencer Angerbauer spencer.angerbauer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 05:55:40 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am semi new to FreeSwitch but have worked in Asterisk for many years.  I am trying to create a simple originate api call from the webapi module.   I have been able to successful create an internal user extension 1001 and connect to 1002 in a default conference room.  (See below call format which was successful.

http://XX.XX.XX.XX:8080/webapi/originate?user/1001%201002%20XML%20default <http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080/webapi/originate?user/1001%201002%20XML%20default>

My question is, How do I take this same command structure to connect multiple external numbers (not internal extensions) into a specific or unique conference room via my SIP trunk line?

I have tried multiple variations but am having difficulty finding anything online that shows some good examples of JSON restful webapi’s for originating an outbound call to 2 or more numbers and connecting them into a conference room...

I was able to successfully execute the webapi call below for a simple originate api call to an external number and connect but am unsuccessful and bridging these two api commands into what we need.

http://XX.XX.XX.XX:8080/webapi/originate?{origination_caller_id_number=18015555555}sofia/carriers/111#180155555551 at XX.XX.XX.XX%20&%20playback(/vr/migstory.wav) <http://54.215.223.18:8080/webapi/originate?%7Borigination_caller_id_number=18015737111%7Dsofia/carriers/111#18015737111@54.215.223.18%20&%20playback(/vr/migstory.wav)>

Please let me know if you have any resources or API references to simply connect 2+ external calls into a unique conference via the webapi calls.

Thank you so much in advance!

-Spence