[Freeswitch-users] creating conferences

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:49:40 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to create a conference using the fs_cli in order to
experiment with the conferencing capabilities. I can issue a
'conference list' command and get (as expected) a message confirming I
have no active conferences.

I can also issue 'conference xml_list', 'conference commands',
'conference help' and get sensible answers.

When I try 'conference  dial sofia/3001 12345 test' for example, I get
a message:

"Conference dial not found".

Is it possible to create a conference from the cli?

In particular, is it possible to create an empty conference that users
can dial into at a later point in time?

I've not found any examples which help me, although I have seen an
unresolved bug report - FS11133 - that might imply one cannot create
empty conferences.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Amit