[Freeswitch-users] Firewall mysteriously starts blocking calls to port 5060

Kevin Olbrich ko at sv01.de
Sun May 5 09:31:01 UTC 2019

... the reason TCP also works "mostly" most likely will be the sip helper
which is loaded by default on shorewall.
It will automatically punch holes into your firewall to make the protocols
work (similiar to FTP, etc.).
I've also noticed problems with bad SIP packets (bots) that cause the sip
helper to stall which would lead to the problem you described.

Kevin

>>> https://freeswitch.org/confluence