[Freeswitch-users] where g729 fs-latest-installer script now ?

Yuriy Nasida ynasida at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 15:25:45 UTC 2019

Well. After a lot of pain I can say that issue is solved finally.

First of all I am almost sure that scirpts: fs-201902072050-installer
and\or fs-latest-installer have issues (http://files.freeswitch.org/g729/)
At least it's correct for Deb 9 + FS 1.8.5-6. My issue with connection of
FS process to  freeswitch-license-server was solved after installion of
using apt-get method.

*apt-get install freeswitch-license-server*

Yes... So easy but correct me if I am wrong. Do we have such info anywhere ?
This page is outdated I believe
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_com_g729
I would be glad to update it if I can get some access.

BUT. It is not the end of the story.
I still had one issue related.
All thing working fine if i will run freeswitch-license-server manually and
run FS
But after full reboot of server I had

# ps ax | grep free
 1126 ?        S<sl   0:03 /usr/bin/freeswitch -u freeswitch -g freeswitch
-ncwait -nonat
 1281 ?        Z<     0:00 [freeswitch] <defunct>
 1395 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep free

And FS couldn't connect licenses server again.

Such defunct process probably is freeswitch-license-server that was not
started correctly.

This probably happens because  freeswitch-license-server is not started
before freeswitch.
I tried a lot of options and tried to edit freeswitch unit file to
add ExecStartPre with freeswitch-license-server.
Also tried to add separated unit file for freeswitch-license-server  but
nothings helped.

As workaround I fixed using these steps:
1) Remove mod_com_g729 from list of modules and restart FS
2) Create systemd unit file for freeswitch-license-server and enable it
using systemd
3) Edit systemd unit files for freeswitch to add
After=freeswitch-mod-com-g729.freeswitch-licence-server.service
4) Edit systemd unit files for freeswitch to add
ExecStartPost=/bin/sh -c "/usr/bin/fs_cli -p mypasswd -x 'load
mod_com_g729'"

I can not be sure but the reason of the 2nd issue can be related with name
changing from freeswitch_license_server to freeswitch-license-server in new
version,

Thanks for all your help.