[Freeswitch-users] RTP (re)generation issue

Dmitriy Borisov borik.internet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:19:18 UTC 2019

Hello! Need your help!

I have next scheme of RTP processing:

rtpengine <-> caller freeswitch <-> robot freeswitch.

And next scheme of call:
1. Caller make an outgoing call (1) via rtpengine
2. On answer caller make an outgoing call (2) to robot and bridge it with
call (1)

I have a problem with RTP stream rtpengine -> caller freeswitch -> robot
freeswitch

I see in a pcap that RTP packets goes from rtpengine to caller freeswitch
without significant jitter. But sometimes caller freeswitch make a ~200ms
length pause in RTP transmitting. After pause caller freeswitch renew
transmitting of RTP packets, and first packet have a marker bit set. As I
know from RFC 3551, marker bit means that stream starts after pause of
transmitting.

This pauses are very harmful for me becuse them break speech recognition
process of robot freeswitch side.

I use PCMA codec with ptime=20 and no any virtualization of caller
freeswitch hardware.

Do you have any thinks about reason of this pauses and how can I remove
them?

--
With best regards
   Dmitry Borisov