[Freeswitch-users] ESL help on remote machines

Jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:42:49 UTC 2019

On Tue 15 Jan 2019 12:44 PM, David Villasmil wrote:
> You can simply connect to the esl socket (port 8021) on fs from Box A. No
> need for that lua script.
> You simply need to configure the ESL socket to listen on (I.e.: 0.0.0.0)
> and iptables it to only allow your box A.
> As far as the library is concerned, in my experience, yes. The simplest is
> to have the source, so You need the whole fs source and compile. You can
> afterwards remove it.

Box A wasn't Debian, but I tried anyway to install freeswitch onto it for the
perl module. It didn't work out, but I'm not disappointed. The machine was a
pine64 arm64 board running OpenBSD -current. I may file a jira on the build
issues soon.

> Hope that helps.
>
> If all you need is to originate (meaning you don’t care about events
> afterwards) there is another way of originating, and that’s via the httapi:
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/3966423
>
> With httapi you can all any api in fs.

Ah, that's a nice tip. I'll take a little time to study this method.

> Hope that helps

yes, thanks for your reply!