[Freeswitch-users] spandsp_start_dtmf - same inband DTMF is detected multiple times if current playback is stopped with uuid_break

Harangozó, László harangozo.laszlo at tct.hu
Thu Jan 3 12:13:47 UTC 2019

Hi,

Any suggestions would be welcome with the following scenario:

External app managing calls trough ESL
We have to detect inband DTMF digits (we generally try to use a
configuration where we don't have to deal with inband DTMF digits, but in
some rare cases it cannot be avoided). There are cases when a playback has
to be stopped when a certain digit is received. Inband DTMFs are detected
with spandsp_start_dtmf. So the following happens:

   1. Inbound call answered
   2. spandsp_start_dtmf called
   3. A file is being played
   4. Client starts to send an inband DTMF
   5. After a very short time FreeSwitch issues the DTMF event
   6. External app stops the playback with uuid_break
   7. External app starts to play a different file
   8. Freeswitch detects the same digit again (which is still present in
   the RTP, the DTMF is on for roughly 400ms, and only ~190ms has elapsed
   since step 5)

The scenario is reproducible and happens in a consistent way. The inband
DTMF is continuous. FreeSwitch reports only 1 DTMF event if the play is not
interrupted with uuid_break.

Is it possible to avoid this sort of multiple detection? Or do I have to
handle this in the external app level?

Is this an issue I should report to JIRA?

*Hari*