[Freeswitch-users] DTMF when I originate a call

Sam van Herwaarden svanherwaarden at precisionag.org
Tue Dec 10 11:13:48 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm building an application that interfaces with FreeSWITCH through
mod_erlang_event. For inbound calls (where a user dials my extension)
everything works the way I expect. Unfortunately for outbound calls somehow
my DTMF events are not coming through.

It seems I'm not the first one to experience this issue, but the solutions
I find online do not seem to fix the problem for me. This is what my basic
originate command looks like (through mod_erlang_event):
{foo, freeswitch at fsdev} ! {api, originate,
"{origination_caller_id_number=123456,Paddy-Survey=monitoring,Paddy-Question=intro1}user/1003
123456 XML default 1003 1003"}.

Based on solutions online I've experimented with adding
execute_after_bridge_app=start_dtmf, execute_on_answer=start_dtmf,
dtmf_type=info and drop_dtmf=false to the channel variables but none of
those seem to help. (The origination caller ID and Paddy-* variables come
through as expected so the variables seem to get set.) I've also tried
sending the start_dtmf command from my application after answer, I see the
command getting executed in the FreeSWITCH log but it doesn't change the
behavior (DTMF still doesn't come through). Finally I've tried calling
{foo, freeswitch at fsdev} ! {api, uuid_broadcast, CallUUID ++ " start_dtmf"}.
after I answer
<http://freeswitch-users.2379917.n2.nabble.com/Why-I-could-not-detect-DTMF-when-using-Originate-command-td7576047.html>,
but this gives me an error
2019-12-10 10:57:18.540690 [ERR] mod_native_file.c:74 Error opening
/usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/start_dtmf.PCMA

2019-12-10 10:57:18.540690 [ERR] mod_sndfile.c:204 Error Opening File
[/usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/start_dtmf.wav] [System error :
No such file or directory.]

Any suggestions on how I can get my outbound calls to work the same way as
my inbound calls?

Kind regards,
Sam