[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch RFC 4579 - REFER: Requesting a Focus to Add a New Resource to a Conference

Geeta Totiger geeta.totiger at motorolasolutions.com
Mon Aug 26 13:53:17 UTC 2019

Hello Freeswitch Team,

I am new to freeswitch and trying to figure out if Freeswitch support RFC
4579 adding new member to conference by REFER.

*Question:*
Will Freeswitch support adding a member to conference by means of REFER
message as mentioned in RFC 4579 section 5.5 (
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4579  ) ?

*What all I tried so far:*
 I tried the exercise  given in confluence dial-plan way to add a member to
conference but it works through DTMF trigger. I am looking for something
SIP based resource add to conference.
I see that Freeswitch documentation says It supports RFC 4579, But will it
support adding member to conference by REFER messages(5.5 section in RFC
4579) ?
I saw many Tickets around this area but nothing clearly answers my
question. Few example links:
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-7259
https://freeswitch.org/jira/si/jira.issueviews:issue-html/FS-5611/FS-5611.html

https://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2016-August/121795.html

*Scenario I tried :*
When I try to REFER a member to conference, Freeswitch trigger the outbound
call but it treats it as blind transfer and kicks out the party which sends
refer message.
I want freeswitch just to include the referred member but not kick out the
party which sent refer. and be in conference call.
There are 2 members in conference. one member is dialed through gw. that
member is trying to add another client which is sip:service at 172.29.0.3.
Freeswitch triggers the Invite to Refer-To member but it sends BYE to
Referred-By member. Treating it as a blind transfer.

  REFER sip:gw+sbc at 172.29.0.2:5060 SIP/2.0
  Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 172.29.0.3:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-34-1-5
  Max-Forwards: 70