[Freeswitch-users] dialplan continues with bypass_media

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Sat Aug 3 15:51:37 UTC 2019

I have a mod_python dialplan and have been experimenting with taking
FreeSwitch out of the media path when the call answers.

It's working great now, and scheduled playback, hangup works brilliantly!

However, I noticed that when I set channel variable bypass_media or
bypass_media_after_bridge then the dialplan continues as soon as the
media is bypassed.

I am doing some things in the dialplan after the bridge, like playing
audio depending on the hang-up cause, but also some logging of call
timings after the bridge.

see: https://github.com/Rhizomatica/rccn/blob/master/rccn/context.py#L258

I was surprised to see that code running when I set
bypass_media_after_bridge on the channel, but maybe my logic is wrong
here, and I should just return after session.execute('bridge') when
originate_disposition is SUCCESS and handle the logging in the hangup hook?

All the same, I was wondering if there was any way to not have the
bridge return after media is bypassed? I've scoured the docs and had a
look through the source code and I think the answer is no, but I thought
I'd ask.

I'm also interested as to the logic of why then the bridge function does
not return on SUCCESS if one is not bypassing media.

Thanks!

Keith.