[Freeswitch-users] context of transfer call

Bruce Marriner bruce at bmts.us
Mon Apr 29 17:52:36 UTC 2019

I'm having the issue that when calls come in from the outside they hit
the public context which sends the call to a phone, and then user at the
phone tries to transfer them to another extension, then call is dropped.

That's because, the transfer gets put in the "public" dialplan where the
call came in from.

I've read that other's have had this issue, and surely this is a normal
use-case to transfer inbound calls, so I'm hoping this is a solved issue :)

I read some things about using force_transfer_context but I can't seem
to figure out how to use it.  I though maybe it was a variable so I
tried adding it as a variable in the user directory but that didn't help :(

Can someone help explain how to address this issue so inbound calls can
be transferred?  Thanks. :)

Ideally, I'd like FreeSWITCH to use the context of the phone/user that's
doing the transfer.