[Freeswitch-users] Record_ession and SIP INFO record: on

Allan Kristensen ak at hejdu.dk
Sun Apr 28 19:20:26 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm having some issues getting dialplan command "record_session" and SIP
INFO messages to work together.

If recording is started using record_session in the dialplan, at the
beginning of the call and I then send a SIP INFO message with "record: on"
i get the response "Already recording", which is as expected.
To avoid this situation, we then send the recording state in response
header, so SIP client knows if recording is already started at the begining
of the call.

Now if I try to stop the recording using SIP INFO message, I get the
error message "Nothing to stop"?

I'm guessing it has something to do with recording bug being in a different
session of the call. Is there anyway to adjust this behaviour?
(One could argue that just because I send a SIP INFO to stop the recording
does mean that it should be allowed)

Thanks,