[Freeswitch-users] P-Asserted-Identity in display updates fortPolycom's

Shaun Stokes shaun.stokes at itec-support.co.uk
Fri Apr 26 13:19:58 UTC 2019

The RPID FreeSWITCH sends in the INVITE and in SIP SIP OK is formatted correctly:

Remote-Party-ID: "test" <sip:222 at mydomain.co.co>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off

The RPID appears to get this information from the To\From headers, the Contact header has the proxy as the host which wouldn't be suitable.

The UPDATE which follows with the PAI is formatted differently:

P-Asserted-Identity: "test" <sip:222 at 127.0.0.10>

The host portion of the PAI appears to come from the host portion of the Contact header instead of using the From header.

There doesn't appear to be a way to fix this with-out changing code with-in 'mod_sofia.c'.

We're working around the problem for now by transforming the PAI from FreeSWITCH as it passes through our proxy.

- Shaun