[Freeswitch-users] ESL connection lost to FS

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 22 07:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi all, I have a fresh server running FS 1.8 from package on Debian 9. It
runs a python app connecting to FS using ESL that executes this code per
call attempt:

c = ESLconnection(str(settings.ESL_HOSTNAME), str(settings.ESL_PORT),
str(settings.ESL_PASSWORD))
if not c.connected():
    abort()
dial_command = "originate …"
ev = c.api("bgapi", str(dial_command))
c.disconnect()
if ev:
    result = ev.serialize()
    logger.debug('API result = {}'.format(result))

When we ran 350K call test, 70K calls got to this code and failed the final
if condition, meaning ev was None. No CDR generated.

This is totally an unexpected error case for us after tens of millions of
calls over last 3 years on our other servers. Any idea why this is
happening? The only difference I can see is we’ve not seen this issue on FS
1.6 (built from source), so maybe it’s introduced in 1.8 (run from
package)? FYI we've built pyESL from source, which is what's recommended
here. Any chance there is an incompatibility between pyESL built from
source and FS 1.8 installed from package?

Thanks,
Neil

This question reproduced from Slack
<https://signalwire-community.slack.com/archives/CDC8H14PN/p1555508784091900>